Preschool & Combo Teacher
Opening for September 2017 – June 2018 Season
Dance Teacher: Preschool & Combo Teacher (ages 20 months – age 7)
Dance Connection is seeking to expand its faculty for its Terrific Twos Toddler Program (20 months to age 2), its First Steps Preschool Program (ages 3-4), and its Cool Kids Combo Program (ages 5-7). Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult. Serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties, we are conveniently located one block south of Southern State Parkway and just one mile north of Sunrise Highway in Islip, NY. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our teachers, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
Our toddler, preschool, and combo programs are unique and highly specialized and we take the education of these children very seriously. We are looking for a candidate who is prepared and eager to carefully learn the particulars of these programs and teach classes based on a specific curriculum. This individual should be open to critique and willing to work to continue to grow their experience and talent as a dance teacher.
Availability: Our 2017-2018 season classes are scheduled to run from September 2017 to June 2018, with recital week tentatively scheduled for June 11-17, 2018. Possible class times include Monday thru Friday between 3:30 and 6:30pm and Saturdays between 9:00am and 1:30pm, although specific class offerings will not be available until schedule is finalized. The ability to teach classes in ballet, tap, jazz, or other styles is also a plus.
- A love of teaching children and a dedication to arts education.
- Experience as a preschool/combo dance teacher.
- Effective classroom management skills, of both students and assistant teachers.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, organized, proactive, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to use the internet and email.
- While our teachers are free to hold employment elsewhere, we require an exclusivity from dance studios within a 20-mile radius of our location.
- The ability to edit music with GarageBand is a plus, but not required.
- A B.S. or B.A. in Education (especially Early Childhood Education) is a plus, but not required.
Interested teachers: Please fill out an employment application and upload a resume at http://lidanceconnection.com/job-opportunities/ or email a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and availability to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.