It’s that time of year when I begin to really get excited because in less than 24 hours we will be opening our studio doors to the first classes of the year! There definitely is a sense of excitement, and so much to look forward to in the year ahead. It can be a little crazy this time of year, so we wanted to give everyone an overview of what’s to come so that you are ready for the fantastic year ahead!
- Saturday, Sept. 9th is the first day of classes! Our staff will be ready to welcome you back to the studio and take care of any of your registration and dancewear needs. Stop by and visit if you need anything!
- September 30th: This is the last day to finalize your billing preference (monthly, semi-annual, annual). After this all billing plans are locked in for the year
- October 23rd – 28th: Halloween Party Week! Come to classes in costume for some spooky party fun! This is one of our favorite times of the year, and you’ll know it when you walk into the studio!
- November 6th – 11th: Costume Measurement Week – It’s already time to “measure up” and start ordering your recital costumes. **Terrific Twos will be measured in the new year for their own crazy-cute costumes!
- December 2nd: Costume Order Deadline – Make sure to get your order in before Rush Shipping fees are applied!
- December 13th – 19th: Holiday Party Week! We’ll be partying again in fun holiday wear and a very special guest may be stopping by to spend some time with our younger dancers.
- December 19th: Giving Tree Deadline. Every year we ask our DC Families to assist us in fulfilling holiday wishes for local families in need. We are so lucky to have such generous families around us!
- December 20th – January 1st: Holiday Break! We’ll see everyone back in the studio on January 2nd.
- January 15th – 20th: Spirit Week – It’s time to break out your craziest outfit in Dance Connection colors and your craziest hairstyle to show your DC Spirit!
- February 1st: Semi-Annual Tuition 2nd Payment is due.
- February 19th – 23rd: Mid-Winter Break – See you back in the studio on Monday, February 26th!
- March 1st: Recital Name Contest Begins and Dad’s Company Sign-ups Open – Yep, Recital 2018 is getting closer so it’s time to start thinking of a great name, and time to get Dad to join the most popular group at Recital… Dad’s Company!
- March 12th – 17th: Pajama Week, the coziest week of the year.
- March 30th: It’s time to Name that Recital! The recital name contest deadline is today.
- March 31st – April 8th: Spring Break! We’ll be back in the studio on Monday April 9th.
- May 8th: It’s May and that mean Recital Tickets!! Tickets go on sale this morning at 8:00 AM online and will be available at the studio tomorrow after 4:00 PM.
- June 8th: Last Day of Classes
- June 11th – 15th: Dress Rehearsal Week
This year’s Recital Schedule is as follows:
Saturday, June 16th: Recitals at 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Sunday, June 17th: Terrific Twos Showcase at 11:00 AM, Recital at 3:00 PM
Whew! What a year, and it hasn’t even started yet! I am really looking forward to our first week of classes, and to the Holiday Party Weeks and another great year with all of our DC Families. I will be at the Reception Desk tomorrow morning with Miss Ava, ready to greet our Saturday students and their families with coffee at the ready!