8 Ways to Make the Most Out of the 2018-2019 Dance Season
Welcome back to all of our returning students and families as well as a big welcome to all of our first time dancers and DC families! It’s time to start thinking about how to make this the best dance year possible! Here are some ways to make that happen:
- Be prepared – This may seem like a given, but it’s been a long time since you opened that dance bag! Make sure all of your dance attire fits, that you have the proper uniform for your classes, and make sure to try on and move in those shoes! You’d be surprised at how much a dancer may have grown, and properly fitting shoes are essential for success.
- Bring your mental “A-game” – your classes and teachers are meant not only to instill a love and passion for the art of dance, but to challenge you and help you to reach your potential. Be ready for the work that may come with learning new steps and receiving corrections from your teachers.
- Warm Ups are Key – You may wonder why so much time is devoted to warming up. The stretches and exercises you will do in warm up are crucial for preventing injury and also for helping to build strength in the muscles that will support you throughout classes and performances. Also, making sure to eat right, drink plenty of water, and getting enough sleep will assist in having a healthy dance year.
- You Are Your Competition – No need to worry about what pace your fellow students pick up new steps or choreography. Focus on being the best version of you that you can be, and try to be better than you were yesterday, or last week, or last month.
- Set Some Goals – What are you looking to accomplish this year in your classes? Where would you like to improve or expand your skills? Your teachers are ready and willing to help you, not only with setting those goals but with achieving them as well.
- Enjoy and Participate! – Most of all we want you to LOVE being here at the studio with us! Take advantage of all of the fun there is to be had in classes, especially during holiday weeks, Spirit Week, and Pajama Week! Jump in and get to know your classmates. Remember; “Dance friends are friends for life!”
- We Are Here to Help! – Finally, for our dance parents both new and returning, please remember that our studio staff is here to assist you in any way that we can. If you are seeing something through our observation windows that you need clarification about, please ask to speak with the teacher. It can be really difficult to figure out what is going on from “the outside looking in”, and we want to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed! You also have our entire reception staff to answer questions, help with account related needs and keep the coffee flowing throughout the year! (Some of those Saturday mornings can be extra chilly!)
Are you ready to be back in the studio? We are so excited to see everyone there soon!