Opening for September 2019-June 2020 Season
Dance Teacher:Ballet Teacher (dancers ages 7-18)
Dance Connection is seeking to expand its faculty for its ballet classes for it’s 31st Anniversary Season. Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult. Serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties, we are conveniently located one block south of Southern State Parkway and just one mile north of Sunrise Highway in Islip, NY. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our teachers, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
Our ballet classes are taught with the highest regard for the tradition, technique, and artistry of classical ballet. Concern is in cultivating the harmony of correct technique and individual creative expression. We stress the importance of proper technique, age-appropriate learning, and stage performance values. We are looking for a candidate who is prepared and eager to carefully learn our program’s curriculum as well as align themselves a position within our staff. This individual should be open to critique and willing to work to continue to grow their experience and talent as a dance teacher.
Availability: For our September 2019-June 2020 season, classes are scheduled to run between September 9, 2019 and June 6, 2020 with a recital week tentatively scheduled for June 8-15, 2020. Possible class times include Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 10:00pm, although specific class offerings will not be available until schedule is finalized in late June. The ability to teach classes in pointe, jazz, tap, or other styles is also a plus.
- A love of teaching children and teenagers and a dedication to arts education.
- Extensive experience as a dance teacher.
- Effective classroom management skills, of both students and assistant teachers.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, organized, proactive, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to use the internet and email.
- While our teachers are free to hold employment elsewhere, we require an exclusivity from dance studios within a 15-mile radius of our location.
- The ability to edit music with GarageBand is a plus, but not required.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- A B.A. or B.F.A. in Dance is a plus, but not required.