Hip Hop Teacher/Choreographer
Opening for September 2017 – June 2018 Season
Dance Teacher/Choreographer: Hip Hop
Dance Connection is seeking to expand its faculty for its contemporary classes for it’s 29th season. Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult. Serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties, we are conveniently located one block south of Southern State Parkway and just one mile north of Sunrise Highway in Islip, NY. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our teachers, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
We are looking for a teacher with a strong technical dance background and innovative choreographic creativity. This individual should be open to critique and willing to work to continue to grow their experience and talent as a dance teacher.
Availability: For our 2017-2018 season, classes are scheduled to run from September 9, 2017 to June 8, 2018, with recital week tentatively scheduled for June 11-17, 2018. Possible class times include Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 10:00pm, although specific class offerings will not be available until schedule is finalized over the summer. The ability to teach classes in ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, or other styles is also a plus.
- A love of teaching and a dedication to arts education.
- Experience as a dance teacher/choreographer.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, organized, proactive, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to use the internet and email.
- While our teachers are free to hold employment elsewhere, we require an exclusivity from dance studios within a 20-mile radius of our location.
- The ability to edit music with GarageBand is a plus, but not required.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- A B.A. or B.F.A. in Dance is a plus, but not required.
Interested teachers: Please fill out an employment application and upload a resume at https://lidanceconnection.com/job-opportunities/ or email a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and availability to email@example.com. A video sample of choreography would be helpful, if available. Please, no phone calls.