I know Recital Company seems like it’s really far away, but it’s closer than you think! This Sunday we’ll start prepping for our 30th Annual Recital with Recital Company auditions. If you’ve never auditioned before, or even if you have, here are a few ways to be ready to go when you join us in studio on Sunday.
- Sign Up! – Make sure to sign up to be a part of the audition! You can fill out a form at the studio reception desk, or you can fill one out online by clicking here. All forms are due by Saturday, January 12th!
- Wear Your “Studio Best” – For auditions we ask that you are in a black leotard (and shorts if you prefer) and tan tights.
- Pack Like a Pro – Make sure to bring both jazz and ballet shoes, as different styles of dance may be used during the audition.
- Fuel Up! – Nothing can throw off a dancer, or any of us for that matter, more than not getting the proper start to their day. Make sure you get in a healthy breakfast, and that you’ve had a good night of sleep before auditions.
- Listen Up – If you haven’t been a part of Recital Company before, make sure to attend the meeting for new dancers and their parents at 11:45 am. You’ll find out everything you need to know about what is in store for our Recital Company.
- Have Fun, and Confidence! – Remember that participating in an audition can be great, but it can also be really challenging too. You will be taught choreography that you’ve never seen before and you’ll need to pick it up quickly. As you go through the audition try to focus on all you are learning about how dancers become parts of professional companies, and the hard work it takes. You will come away from the day with experience that will help you as you move forward with your dance education and you should be extremely proud of that no matter what the outcome of the audition is!
We can’t wait to see everyone on Sunday! Here are the times and age groups for auditions:
Senior & Junior Company (ages 10-12 and ages 13 & up*) auditions will be from 9:00am – 11:30am
Petite Company (ages 7-9*) will audition from 12:15 – 2:30pm
Don’t forget the meeting for dancers auditioning for the first time and their parents at 11:45am!
*Whatever age you are on February 1st is the company you try out for!