Recital Company Auditions
The 2020 Recital company will produce two production numbers. The Petite/Junior Company will be doing “Revolting Children” from Broadway’s Matilda, and the Teen/Senior Company will be doing an 80’s Rock Medley inspired by Broadway’s Rock of Ages.
Auditions will be held for the Petite/Junior Co. (ages 7-11) and the Teen/Senior Co. (ages 11-adult), on Sunday, January 12, 2020. This will be the only day for auditions. We cannot make any exceptions to this date. Whatever age you are on February 1, 2020 is the company you try out for.
Dancers age 11 may choose to audition for either company or may attend both auditions. However, will only be cast in one company. 11 year olds who choose to audition for the Teen company are encouraged to also audition for the Junior company, in case they are not accepted into the older company.
The Senior & Teen Company auditions will be from 10:30am – 12:45pm, and the Petite & Teen Companies will audition from 1:00 – 3:15pm. Those who have never auditioned for the recital company before may want to attend a parent/dancer meeting to be held at 12:45pm.
If you are cast in the company, there will be a $230 production fee due February 1st. This fee is used to cover the recital company’s expenses, such as additional facility maintenance, heat, a/c, electricity, choreographer and production staff salaries, sets, props, etc.
Regardless of the audition results, we are sure that this will be a fun dance-filled day and enjoyable for all. No matter what, the audition serves as a learning experience for all dancers involved. The dancers will learn the choreography for several routines and dance varying styles throughout the day. Dancers of all ages are encouraged to attend!
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS SECTION IN ITS ENTIRETY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, EMAIL THE ADDRESS BELOW BEFORE THE AUDITION DATE.
Requirements to audition:
- All participants must be enrolled in a ballet and jazz class and continue to study ballet and jazz if chosen for the company. Tap is a plus. Dancers who take ballet but not jazz, or jazz but not ballet, are welcome to audition, but will need to add the second class if accepted into the company.
- Private lessons and tutorings are available for first-time auditioning dancers to work on audition skills before audition day. Inquire at the front desk.
- All participants must complete an audition form (on paper at the studio or online here) and hand it in no later than Sat. Jan. 11. You may not audition unless this form has been completed in its entirety.
- Attendance and attitude in your regular classes is taken into consideration, as well as your performance at the audition. Please make sure your attendance has been good before you try out. Also remember, that auditions are not easy. Ask yourself if you can handle the pressure and accept the results. Space is limited in the companies, so although we would like to, we cannot take everyone who auditions. We must choose the most qualified at the time of the audition.
- All dancers auditioning MUST wear all black dance attire and jazz shoes. Your hair should be up and away from your face.
- All participants are expected to arrive for their audition on time. Plan your day to start off with a good breakfast, and anticipate traffic and other delays when leaving your house. Dancers are expected to be fully dressed, with jazz shoes on, and ready to dance at the start of the audition. Arriving late may affect the outcome of your audition!
Smile and get ready, no matter what the results are, to have a fun dance day!