Temporary Freelance Position Opening for June 2020 Production
Dance Connection is seeking an experienced sound technician for our 2020 Production. Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult, serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our staff, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
- Setup venue’s house system for use for our show – including patching venue’s 40 channel Allen & Heath GL2800.
- Setting up and patching handheld microphones, XLR god mic, PCC floor mics, and Q-Lab computer.
- Setup rental wireless headset system and connect to house wired intercom system.
- Liaison with venue technical director to route audio through house system to Cafeteria, Lobby, Music Room, and Videographer.
- Production Management will provide Q-Lab file with sound cues in show order.
- Balance audio levels for all songs in Q-Lab.
- Make minor additions/edits to Q-Lab showfile throughout rehearsal process.
- At start of each day, startup and test sound system, distribute wireless headsets, distribute walkie-talkie radios, and distribute microphones as necessary.
- During rehearsals and performances, operate sound console mixing audio levels and running playback through Q-Lab.
- At end of each day, collect headsets, radios, and microphones for charging overnight.
- At completion of final performance, strike rental sound gear and pack-up ready for return, and restore hound system as we found it.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
- Ability to perform self-directed work and creative problem solving skills.
- A kind, polite, respectful, encouraging, and calm manner.
- Patience, stamina, a sense of humor, and the ability to remain calm.
- 2-3 years of professional sound experience required.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A B.A. or B.F.A. in Theatre or a Technical Theatre is a plus, but not required.
Availability/Schedule: Our four recital performances are held at Holy Trinity Diocesan High School on Newbridge Road in Hicksville, NY. Rehearsals are Monday, June 8th thru Friday, June, 12th from approx. 4:00-10:30PM. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be available at the end of May. The four performances are Saturday June 13 at 1:00PM, Saturday June 13 at 7:00PM, Sunday June 14 at 11:00AM and Sunday June 14 at 3:00PM.
Supervisor: Sound Designer reports to the Production Manager.
Interested applicants: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.