- If we are forced to close due to inclement weather, we will try to make-up classes. Please understand that we cannot be responsible for acts of Mother Nature. Snow dates do not affect your monthly tuition.
- Information about school closings, recital, announcements, etc. can be found on the Studio Bulletin Board, Website, and Newsletters via email.
- There is no discount or refund for missed classes. Make-up classes are available within two months of the class missed.
- We are not responsible for injuries sustained in class, on premises, or at any related event.
- Dance Connection assumes no responsibility for lost, misplaced, or stolen articles. Please put your name in all your belongings and do not leave valuables unattended.
- Family discounts described are for immediate family only. Dance Connection Management will have the final decision regarding family discount eligibility.
- All accounts with Dance Connection have one primary account holder. This is the account holder that registers and signs the registration form. This account holder will be the one considered financially responsible for the account.
- All arrangements for split payments must be made outside of Dance Connection.
- You will not receive a bill for tuition prior to it being due. We only send billing statements to accounts with past due balances.
- Payments will always be applied to outstanding balances first before being applied to current or future charges.
- Tuition is non-refundable. There is no discount made for missed classes. You may make up a class, if available, within 2 months of the date missed.
- Dance Connection reserves the right to refuse placing orders and/or withold merchandise/costumes for past due accounts until account balance is paid.
- Delinquent accounts will be forwarded to a collection agency and any costs or legal fees will be the responsibility of the account holder to reimburse.
Class Parties & Food Allergies
Please let the office staff and your child’s teacher know of any food allergies your child may have so it can be added as a note on your account. If you are planning to bring anything for the class to enjoy (birthdays, etc.) please call the studio or email the teacher ahead of time. We ask that if you bring in food for the class that you also bring along the ingredients list. When bringing in something please keep it simple. During Party Weeks, Dance Connection will provide juice/water, pretzels, chips, and cookies. If your child has any food allergies please leave us a list of acceptable alternatives. For the dancers who cannot consume the above, we will be happy to accommodate you with snacks that do not cause any allergic reactions, or you may bring in your own snack if you like. If you have any questions regarding this matter please email email@example.com.
Dance Shoe & Dancewear Etiquette
- Ballet shoes should be worn snug, with ties tucked in at all times.
- Ballet is the only class that requires a black leotard and pink tights, (skirts are optional). All other classes require regular dance attire and can be worn in any color.
- Girl’s tap shoes must be secured with velcro, elastic or tap shoe ties. Please discard ribbons.
- No necklaces, bracelets, & large earrings should be brought or worn to class.
- Please put names on all dancewear, shoes, bags, etc. We cannot help these items get home without this vital information.
Be very careful in the parking lot and be mindful of children and other pedestrians walking to and from Dance Connection and neighboring businesses.
To make driving in the parking lot safer and convenient for all, please follow the guidelines below:
- Drive slow
- Park in designated lined spots only
- Parking is prohibited on the east side of Freeman Avenue, in any unmarked stall, and in handicap spots without a valid permit
- When dropping off dancers – Do not block traffic
Just a friendly reminder, please do not leave your pocketbooks or valuables in your car.