Auditions will be held for the Petite Co. (ages 7-9), Junior Co. (ages 10-12), and Senior Co. (ages 13-adult), on Sunday, January 13, 2019. This will be the only day for auditions. We cannot make any exceptions to this date. Whatever age you are on February 1, 2019 is the company you try out for.
The Senior & Junior Company auditions will be from 9:00am - 11:30am, and the Petite Company will audition from 12:15 - 2:30pm. Those who have never auditioned for the recital company before may want to attend a parent/dancer meeting to be held at 11:45am.
If you are cast in the company, there will be a $220 production fee due February 1st. This fee is used to cover the recital company's expenses, such as additional facility maintenance, heat, a/c, electricity, choreographer and production staff salaries, sets, props, etc.
Regardless of the audition results, we are sure that this will be a fun dance-filled day and enjoyable for all. No matter what, the audition serves as a learning experience for all dancers involved. The dancers will learn the choreography for several routines and dance varying styles throughout the day. Dancers of all ages are encouraged to attend!
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS SECTION IN ITS ENTIRETY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, EMAIL THE ADDRESS BELOW BEFORE THE AUDITION DATE.
Requirements to audition:
- All participants must be enrolled in a ballet and jazz class and continue to study ballet and jazz if chosen for the company. Tap is a plus.
- All participants must complete an audition form (on paper at the studio or online here) and hand it in no later than Sat. Jan. 12. You may not audition unless this form has been completed in its entirety.
- Attendance and attitude in your regular classes is taken into consideration, as well as your performance at the audition. Please make sure your attendance has been good before you try out. Also remember, that auditions are not easy. Ask yourself if you can handle the pressure and accept the results. Space is limited in the companies, so although we would like to, we cannot take everyone who auditions. We must choose the most qualified at the time of the audition.
- All dancers auditioning MUST wear all black dance attire and bring jazz and ballet shoes. Your hair should be up and away from your face.
- All participants are expected to arrive for their audition on time. Plan your day to start off with a good breakfast, and anticipate traffic and other delays when leaving your house. Dancers are expected to be fully dressed, with jazz shoes on, and ready to dance at the start of the audition. Arriving late may affect the outcome of your audition!
Smile and get ready, no matter what the results are, to have a fun dance day!