Preschool & Combo Teacher
Opening for Summer 2020 Season and September 2020-June 2021 Season
Dance Teacher: Preschool & Combo (dancers ages 20 months thru age 7)
Dance Connection is seeking to expand its faculty for its Terrific Twos Toddler Program (20 months to age 2), its First Steps Preschool Program (ages 3-4), and its Cool Kids Combo Program (ages 5-7) for it’s summer and year-round dance seasons. Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult. Serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties, we are conveniently located one block south of Southern State Parkway and just one mile north of Sunrise Highway in Islip, NY. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our teachers, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
Availability: For Summer 2020 season, classes are scheduled to run in the late afternoon/evening on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays July 20-August 14. For our 2020-2021 season, classes are scheduled to run from September 2020 to June 2021. Possible class times include Monday thru Friday between 4:00 and 7:00pm, Monday thru Friday mornings and/or Saturdays/Sundays between 9:00am and 1:30pm, although specific class offerings will not be available until the schedule is finalized over the summer. The ability to teach classes in ballet, tap, jazz, or other styles is also a plus.
- A love of teaching children and a dedication to arts education.
- Effective classroom management skills, of both students and assistant teachers.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, organized, proactive, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to use the internet and email.
- While our teachers are free to hold employment elsewhere, we require an exclusivity from dance studios within a 20-mile radius of our location.
- The ability to edit music with GarageBand is a plus, but not required.
- A B.S. or B.A. in Education (especially Early Childhood Education) is a plus, but not required.
Interested teachers: Please fill out an employment application and upload a resume at http://www.lidanceconnection/job-opportunities or email a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.