Welcome Back FAQ
I can’t believe that our first week of classes is finally here! I hope that everyone was able to enjoy their summer and I know that the Dance Connection teachers and staff are so excited to welcome all of you back into the studio. With everything going on right now, I know that there are plenty of questions about how things will be handled this year. Here are a few answers to the most common questions that we’ve received.
- Are masks required in classes? While masks are required in the studio lobby, once students are socially distanced inside the classrooms they may lower their masks for class. Students may also choose to keep their masks on if they feel more comfortable.
- Am I able to stay to watch my child’s class? If your child is in our Twos, Preschool, or Combo classes one parent may accompany the student to class and wait in the lobby. We ask that siblings be limited to one if possible.
- My child is being dropped off. Can I watch their class? Yes! We are live streaming the classes so that parents who are dropping off can watch classes or check-in to see how everything is going.
- What happens if my family has to self-quarantine, or if I don’t feel comfortable with having my child in the studio yet? While we are taking every precaution possible (check out our Studio Safe info here) we absolutely understand that it will be important to offer the ability for students to attend classes remotely. All classes will be accesible by Zoom whenever needed.
- What if I need a question answered, or to buy dancewear? Our studio is available to our DC Families in the same way it always has been. You are welcome to come in and be fitted for shoes, make payments, and chat with our reception staff as always. Please be aware that masks are required to enter the studio and must be worn at all times in the lobby.
- My child is celebrating a birthday. Can we bring in a special snack? At DC we definitely love to celebrate! However during this time we are going to ask that you not bring in any outside food or items to distribute in the studio. As soon as we are able to relax this policy we will let everyone know. In the meantime, feel free to bring in a goody bag or something packaged to hand out to your dancer’s friends for their birthday.
These are some of the most frequent questions we have received lately but please know that if there is anything you need information about we are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone (call or text!) 631-224-7134, or on our social media channels. We are doing everything we can to make sure our students have a safe, healthy, happy studio to return to, and we cannot wait to see you there!