Happy April everyone! Our costumes have been steadily coming in for all of our classes, and we are finally ready to begin trying them on in class! If you are new to recital costumes (or need a refresher, it has been a year since we did this!) here are some tips on making the most of your try-on day.
- Your teacher will let you know the week before costume try-ons, so you will be ready for the next class.
- Make sure to wear a leotard that will allow the costume to be tried on OVER it. If not, you may have to run to the bathroom to change your dancer. We need to make sure the size is just right!
- Take a look at the costume for anything that may be damaged or in need of repair. A few loose or falling sequins is okay, but a missing or hanging ruffle is not.
- Try on the accessories to make sure that you have them all, and then take a look to make sure none of those are damaged. Replace them into their original bags and put them into the costume bag.
- Once your teacher has seen the costume on they will have your dancer take them off replace them in the bag and return them to the costume bin.
- After class all of the costumes that have been tried on will get their tights put into their bags, and will be placed in their garment bags for pick-up. When the whole class has tried on their costumes they will be released to take home.
Make sure that when you get your costume home that you hang it up neatly, and that all of your accessories are accounted for and placed in a bag that they won’t spill out of into your closet!
If you have any questions about costume fittings, please feel free to ask our reception staff or any of our teaching staff and we will be happy to assist you! **Please note that all accounts must have a zero balance in order to have costumes released to students.