Recital Day can be so much fun and so exciting, but can also be a little bit hectic too! Here are 5 things to add to your to-do list to help you get everything together as smoothly as possible.
- Make sure you eat healthy before you leave: You may have some pre-performance jitters, but the worst thing you can do is not eat enough before a performance, or eat something that will sit in your belly like lead. You need fuel to burn it up on the stage!
- Prep your costume and make sure you have all of your accessories: If you have one performance make sure you have everything on that you need for your number. If you have multiple performances do a last check on all of your garment bags to make sure they have everything for each costume.
- Plan for the “what ifs”: This includes a torn pair of tights, your hair needing some touching up, make-up needing touching up, and even a travel sewing kit just in case. Extra tights and a bag with hair and make-up essentials, especially if you have multiple costumes/dances in one show can be a lifesaver and make a stressful situation easy to handle.
- Be in “Ready to Dance” mode: You should be in your first costume, with your hair and make-up completely done before leaving for the recital. This will make it much easier to get you into the cafeteria and ready to perform. Now is also a great time to decide which parent will be dropping off and picking your dancers. Only one parent will have a hand stamp that allows you to do so.
- Leave for the show with enough time to allow for parking: There is a limited amount of parking available in the school parking lot, and though there are other available lots adjacent to the school, it helps to leave a little early to give yourself time to park and walk to the theater doors without having to break a sweat on the way there! Guests with mobility issues can be dropped off before parking, but this is also something you should allow time for.
We want your Recital experience to be enjoyable the whole way through, so we hope that with these tips you’ll be able to prep and arrive smoothly to enjoy your stars on stage!